Anyone who has attempted SEO before knows that extensive strategy goes into getting higher rankings and more website traffic. It’s not enough to jump right into SEO marketing without doing your research first.
Actions such as fresh, quality content, optimized title tags, description tags, keywords, and promoting content don’t always guarantee traffic. The trick is to figure out the types of great content to publish so that you can get targeted results and strategically promote every piece of content that you post.
This approach works best when using backlinks. But how do you create backlinks from other sites? How do you build your domain authority? Enter: Backlinko.
What Is Backlinko?
Backlinko is an SEO training and link building service. They offer SEO themed newsletters and SEO resources in general.
While the site is a popular resource for SEO marketers, its fame comes from its SEO training course called SEO That Works.
What Is SEO That Works 3.0?
SEO That Works 3.0 is the most up to date version of the SEO training offered by Backlinko. In this most recent update, founder Brian Dean completely revamped the entire course.
This new version is a step-by-step guide on exactly how to get higher rankings and more traffic. Some features include:
- Effective in any industry
- In-depth and focused, actionable material
- Always Up-to-Date
Inside the Course – How to Correctly Optimize Content
So, what can you expect from this SEO course? Here’s the breakdown.
- Learn why supposedly great content fails
- Learn the real way to utilize content to rank on the first page of search engines like Bing and Google
- Review the exact, step-by-step process used to make Backlinko such a success
- Receive examples of over twenty-five case studies of on-page Backlinko techniques in action
How to Do Keyword Research
- Find out why long-tail keywords are no longer sufficient for SEO optimization
- Learn what keywords are currently working
- Discuss the most common mistakes that people make with keyword search and learning how to avoid it
- Learn about “underground” keywords of which your competition isn’t aware
Build Links from Authority Sites
- Learn how link building helps get backlinks from authority websites in your specific industry
- “The Applesauce Technique,” a new white hat link building strategy
- Over twenty processes, checklists, and scripts that make link building techniques easy to execute
Get Higher Rankings with Resources and Advanced Strategies
- Discover how to optimize Google’s new “UX Signals” step-by-step
- Learn how the WAG formula helped Backlinko rank #1 in Google using the keyword “Youtube SEO”
- Learn the number one secret to getting higher rankings faster
Does This Process Work in Any Industry?
Yes. Backlinko’s course SEO That Works has shown to work across all industries, including across 51 countries and over 45 different industries. This success includes hard to navigate industries like appliance rental, medical supplies and equipment, law, factory parts, and others.
What’s great about this process is that it works as effectively on common categories such as marketing and health in addition to harder to navigate ones.
What Kind of Structure Is the Course? Will There Be Webinars or Live Classes?
The course features four modules. Each of these offers upward of 3-10 videos explaining and modeling effective SEO backlink building.
Step-by-step worksheets accompany each video. All of these worksheets and videos are downloadable, so they are available away from your PC at home.
Can I Take These Classes on My Time, or Are They Only Available at a Certain Time?
The classes are all pre-recorded, so there is no time frame in which you have to watch. This flexibility means you can access the material at the times that work best for your schedule without fear of missing anything. There is no set time you have to complete the course, so you can take it as slow or as fast as you like.
Will This Work for eCommerce Sites?
Yes. About a quarter of people who have enrolled in the course run eCommerce websites. It is also useful for SEO That Works students who happen to run marketing agencies that serve clients with eCommerce sites.
What If I Decide This Isn’t for Me?
If you decide that the course isn’t for you, that’s not a problem. Your enrollment comes with a 30-day-guarantee. By the end of those 30 days, if you decide you’re no longer interested, you can get a full refund.
How Long Does It Take to Complete the Course?
If we’re only talking about the actual material, it’s estimated to take up around 3-4 hours per week. In terms of implementing what you learn during the course, the process takes some more time.
Backlinko designed a streamlined course with SEO That Works, so implementing these strategies is a straightforward process. However, since the materials are available for a lifetime after purchase, you can take as long as you like to make it through the course.
Who Signs Up for These Courses?
All kinds of people sign up for these courses. By age, many enrolled range from the ages of 25 and 44, although there are individuals from each age bracket. These people are from all different industries and levels of expertise, ranging from complete novices to people in business for over a decade.
Is Backlinko a Good Service for Learning Link Building?
So, is Backlinko worth it? Yes – if you run an eCommerce site or run marketing campaigns for eCommerce. Let’s break down the pros and cons.
- The company has enjoyed success across industries
- The course teaches the most tested and proven of ranking higher with backlinks
- The SEO That Works 3.0 course provides ample materials available for a lifetime
- Even in the worst-case scenario, customers can cancel after trying out the service for 30 days.
- Even though the founder and other customers have seen success, this isn’t always guaranteed.
- The learning materials and advice can be available, but it is ultimately up to the customer to successfully implement these techniques.
What If I Need to Launch a Website?
Backlinko is a reputable resource for SEO backlink building, and the SEO That Works 3.0 is a dream for anyone who wants to learn the ins and outs of keyword research and building site authority.
However, if you want to operate as an affiliate rather than an eCommerce service, Backlinko can only help so much – you need a robust website before you chase backlinks.
Alternatively, ODYS GLOBAL can help you kick-start your first affiliate website from scratch. Click here to apply for an account!