Buying or selling an online business isn’t as simple as clicking a button.
There are several factors to consider to avoid scams or, worse yet, marketing your business at a price that’s too low. It’s crucial to prioritize safety and security within every transaction. A great way to bypass legal stressors that may turn up later is to work with a mediator to facilitate the exchange.
Empire Flippers is a company that offers this service. They have extensive experience helping people buy and sell online businesses. Our team at Odys Global recognizes the value of a website domain and are here to ensure you land a domain with the potential to earn big.
Through our Empire Flippers review, we’re going to share why users will benefit from this platform and how they’ll benefit from purchasing and flipping through this domain exchange.
Let’s get started!
Who Are Empire Flippers?
Empire Flippers are the #1 curated marketplace for buying and selling profitable online sites. An Inc. 5000 company, they work with buyers and sellers from all over the world. To date, the company has helped its clients buy and sell over $100 million worth of online businesses.
Clients often describe the platform as a great option when compared to its competitors. Empire Flippers are distinctly different from those competitors that offer cheap and questionable listings, and they’ve established a reputation for themselves by ensuring reputable, legit listings.
To fully understand the company, you have to consider its values. The team works diligently to ensure that each client has full protection and the necessary tools to formulate their business plan.
The EF marketplace is a reliable option for people who own profitable online sites and want a medium to list those properties online. It is also a market of online companies that welcomes website flippers who have an interest in purchasing or investing in an online business that is already profitable.
Finally, it’s also a resource for people who want to evaluate their online company at its current state. The platform allows you to determine the value of your site by analytic metrics like monetization method, income, and traffic.
Many people think the company’s support team is an essential facet of the brand. Empire Flippers makes it easy to get in touch with support using a quick contact form. When you’ve completed the form, the vetting team will contact you promptly. You also can reach them via their phone number – 888-658-8388.
What Does Empire Flippers Do?
Empire Flippers describes itself as a company that removes the friction from buying and selling websites. The company allows users to bid on established sites that have the potential to earn big, and sell a website, via their vetted marketplace. Each listing is complete with a summary that outlines different metrics such as monthly net profit, list price, assets, and more.
Creating comprehensive listings is one of the ways that the EF platform makes purchasing and flipping websites easy. Many of the domains listed in the exchange require little maintenance. The listings feature proof of traffic, income, etc.
The EF admins are not afraid to describe some of the potential risks involved with buying a specific domain. These insights are a calculation based on various factors, including possible trademark infringement. They also inform users that domains that operate as part of another company, like Amazon Associates, could be susceptible to algorithm changes.
When Were They Established?
Empire Flippers first launched in 2013 with Joe Magnotti (CEO) and Justin Cooke (CMO). Since the company’s founding, it has bought and sold websites from every industry, including Amazon FBS, Amazon Affiliates, affiliate sites, e-Commerce sites, and more.
In 2014, the company underwent a rebrand to improve the user experience on its platform. It collaborated with UX designers who have worked for Fortune 500 companies to make these changes. The company adopted a new minimalist aesthetic to have its design reflect the serious nature of what the platform does.
While the company has been around, it has earned several awards. It won the Inc. 5000 Awards for the fastest growing companies in America four years in a row. Additionally, it has received awards from other reputable associations like the International Business Brokers Association. The company also has featured in many established publications like Forbes, Business Insider, and The Huffington Post.
How Are They Different?
What makes this company different from other competing companies is its intensive background vetting process. Prioritizing this vetting makes your life much easier if you decide to buy from this particular marketplace.
Since the EF exchange is full of high-quality listings, the vetting must be thorough. Otherwise, it would be too easy for people to pretend that they’re interested in or manage the exchange in an uncommunicative way.
EF’s comprehensive done-for-you service when selling a site sets them apart as well. From the promotion of the sites they sell, the personal broker every seller receives, and the management of the handover, sellers receive a helpful, premium service when selling with Empire Flippers.
Why Are Empire Flippers Important to Odys Global Users?
Odys Global gives users access to profitable domains that can help kick start a profitable online site that could eventually be sold via an online broker like Empire Flippers.
A domain or affiliate site purchase via Odys Global has served as the foundation for many entrepreneurs who’re keen to build a site and flip it via a vetted online retailer.
Odys Global can build affiliate sites within a month. Our platform also allows you to kick-start your online site using a pre-owned domain from specific niche sites. Finding the right niche is the key to successful domain flipping.
Odys Global makes it easy to purchase profitable online companies that have the potential for a 30x revenue flip. If you’d like to check out some of our services, click here! Simply tell us why you want to join Odys Global so you can get started with finding the perfect web domain.
How Do You Buy Profit Websites on Empire Flippers?
Buying a profitable website on Empire Flippers is easy. Simply register for and become a member of EF, so you can begin browsing dozens of online sites for sale.
To register, all you need to share is your first and last name, email, and phone number. You’ll also want to share whether you’re interested in buying or selling and whether or not you plan to buy a site within 30 days.
Once you have signed up, start searching the exchange for a listing that appeals to your interests and budget. Then, place a 5% refundable deposit to confirm your purchase and get started.
Afterwards, review all of the information on the listings that you’re interested in so that you can make an informed purchase. Once you feel confident with your choice, you can begin the payment process. You will receive a prompt to follow along with comprehensive instructions that help you complete a secure purchase.
From here, the company will migrate all of the site assets to you, and you can work on scaling your new online venture.
Here are some additional tips to help you during the buying process:
- You will have the option to schedule a phone call with the seller. However, this can take a few days to organize. Instead, you can use the tools on the platform to access the site’s analytics dashboard, materials that prove income/ownership, and a profit/loss spreadsheet.
- Consider consulting an SEO specialist before you buy an online enterprise. They can help you understand the site’s potential and any risks involved with your purchase.
- Make sure you have complete access to the funds you intend to use for your purchase. Once you and the seller have agreed on a price, you won’t want to delay the transfer process because it can cost you the sale. Inform your bank or investment company about the purchase before going through with it.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. You could end up securing the online site for thousands less than what you expected to pay. Be prepared with facts about the market so that you can make fair counteroffers. Empire Flippers will mediate this entire exchange so that both the buyer and seller have a seamless experience.
- Look for offers that are under listing price for 24 hours. This deal tends to favor the seller over the buyer, so keep that in mind when you bid less than the listing price.
Overall, buying a website on Empire is a straightforward process.
The company conducts in-depth valuations with due diligence so that clients never have to worry about overpaying or underselling. The team considers more than how much the site earns monthly. They also take into account factors like backlink strategy, PBN use, revenue projections, and more.
Best of all, buying on Empire Flippers is a secure process. URLs are only available for viewing to buyers who have paid a 5% deposit. The only people who will be able to see your site are the ones who have proven that they are seriously considering placing an offer. This vetting makes the buying and flipping processes much more comfortable because it fosters trust on both ends.
How Much Do Websites Sell for on Empire Flippers?
Empire Flippers have a 91% success rate. The company has sold many high-profit sites since its founding.
Websites sell for varying amounts. On the marketplace, you’ll find listings that are as expensive as $2 million USD. On the lower end of the spectrum, you can find listings that cost as little as $20,000 USD. These listings span many different industries, including Amazon FBS, Amazon Affiliates, SaaS, drop-shipping, and more.
When you sell a site, you will have to pay a $297 USD listing fee for your first one and $97 for every website that you sell after that.
Sellers also have to pay commission to Empire Flippers.
- Listings for less than $1 million USD = 15% commission fee
- Listings between $1 million and $2 million USD = 12% commission fee
- Listings between $2 million and $5 million USD – 10% commission fee
- Listings for more than $5 million USD = 8% commission fee
Although this listing fee may seem a bit high, there’s a rationale to support it. Empire Flippers have a secure vetting procedure that helps the team determine whether the sites they list on the exchange are legit, sellable assets.
Submitting Your Site
When you submit your site for sale, you need to present the following information:
- Your online company’s URL
- Date founded
- The date that the company began earning money
- Avg. net profit per month over the last 3, 6, and 12-month period
- Whether you’ve installed website tracking
- The niche of the company
- Reasons for deciding to sell the site
Once your payment has gone through, and you’ve submitted the answers to these questions, you will receive a support ticket.
This “First Time Seller” ticket is how you can refer to your submission and track its progress.
The next step is the site vetting. A few days after you’ve submitted your site, Empire Flippers will return to you with a P&L form. You’ll need to answer additional questions about your company. These questions pertain to things like link-building services, domain name switches, PBN’s, social media accounts, assets, and more.
Empire Flippers will ask for access to the site’s Google Analytics and Amazon Associates. This information helps the company to create a vetting report that determines whether the listing will go live and how much it will sell for if it does.
Listing Your Site
Within a few days, your support ticket will get an update, and it won’t be too long before you receive word about when the listing will go live. Once the listing goes live, it’d be smart to standby just in case depositors want to request Google Analytics access.
Selling Your Site
Eventually, the site will sell, and the asset transfer process will begin. By now, the buyer will have paid the 5% refundable deposit.
The “Active Listing” ticket will close, and a new support ticket will generate for the migration process. This ticket separates the three parties involved with the sale (buyer, seller, and Empire Flippers).
Next, you will have to transfer the domain to the buyer’s hosting accounts. Both you and the buyer will need to share your hosting accounts with Empire Flippers so that the migration team can complete the migration.
The transfer service is partly why so many people seek out transactions through this marketplace. However, you can handle this process on your own if you don’t feel comfortable sharing your hosting account information.
Once the migration is complete, you’ll need to transfer the domain to the buyer’s registrar. At this point, the buyer must confirm that the site has migrated fully, and all of the included assets work correctly. The buyer then authorizes Empire Flippers to release the funds to you. You have a few different options in terms of how you want to receive the payout.
You can choose a wire transfer, Bitcoin, ACH transfer, or TransferWise. If you select a bank wire transfer, the money should arrive in your account within 24 hours.
What Is Empire Flippers’ Marketplace?
Empire Flippers’ marketplace is a curated selection of online businesses that are available for sale. When you enter the market as a buyer, you’ll notice that the listings are divided into categories such as monetization, niche, monthly net profit, and price.
Filtered Search Functions
You can filter your search based on a chosen monetization method. You can sort the search results by:
- The most recent listing dates
- The sale status
- Or whether the sale is pending
The site gives you the option to share your email address for notifications whenever a new listing goes live.
In the bottom right corner of the page, there is a chat bubble. Here, you can set up a call with one of the company’s business analysts.
Setting up one of these phone calls is a great way to learn more about what each part of a listing means.
In-Depth Site Overview and Data Metrics
When you decide that you want to learn more about a specific site, you can click on the listing and begin reading the summary.
The summary is where you’ll find a detailed description of the listing, so you can gauge how relevant it is to your brand.
Specs for each listing include information such as:
- The start date
- Assets included in the sale (primary domain, affiliate accounts, SOPs, etc.)
- Whether maintenance is necessary
- The weekly work this listing requires
- The domain types that you will receive
- The platforms used to host this site
You’ll be able to view graphs and various metrics that show:
- Average page views per month
- Net profit per month
- Gross revenue per month
Other information that you may want to consider also will be available, such as:
- Proof of income
- Proof of traffic
- Purchasing instructions
- Listing highlights
- And more
Empire Flippers isn’t shy about sharing the opportunities and risks involved with the particular online venture that you’re considering. Click here to check out one listing example.
The listing also outlines some potential strategies for optimizing sales, expanding the list of individual partners.
Similar listings also will display toward the end of the listing page. This comparison is useful if you’re unsure of what to buy but have a general idea of the niche sites you want to enter into and the price you’re willing to pay.
If you have a list of potential domains to purchase, the additional information below may help you with the comparisons:
- Ownership history and site background. Who owned the site before you? Why did they decide to part with the site? What was their experience managing the website?
- How straightforward is the setup? Once the site is in your hands, will you have to perform a lengthy setup process? Is there a lot of SEO optimization you will have to do before the site is running the way you want?
- Monetization method. Where does the company earn its primary source of revenue? Is there room for growth in that space?
- Traffic channels. What is the source of the website’s traffic? How consistent is that traffic, and what can you do to increase it?
- Assets. What assets come included with your purchase? How do these assets benefit you and set this listing apart?
- Growth opportunities. What are the opportunities and risks involved with this listing? How can you expand the reach of this website and grow your revenue streams?
- Strategies for increasing sales. Does the listing share practical strategies for increasing sales? Is there a clear way to improve the website’s earning potential?
- The niche. E-commerce is a great industry to get into, especially given that experts predict in 2020, there will be 2.05 billion digital consumers worldwide. Do your due diligence when researching the various niches to find lucrative ones for your site.
What Should I Look for When Buying a Website?
When buying a website, there are a lot of intricacies of which you need to be aware. Purchasing a site means assuming responsibility for the domain and agreeing to keep up with the site to expand its revenue streams.
When you begin your search for an online enterprise, the first thing you’ll want to look for is a summary of the listing. The summary is where you’ll find general information about the domain.
Next, look for monetization angles. Find out how this website makes money and what the structure of its sales funnel is.
Knowing how it makes money is essential because you may or may not have experience with that monetization method. This knowledge can motivate you to purchase a listing or convince you to move on to another one.
Other relevant information is the market insights related to a specific listing. These insights show you the growth potential of the listing you are considering.
Here are some other questions to consider:
- Is the website a competitor of yours? Frequent business practice is purchasing a website that competes with the one you run currently. Doing this allows you to wipe out the competition, which leads to increased growth for your other ventures.
- Can you connect your new website to your current one? Buying a new website is a good idea if you already own one in the same niche. However, this strategy may only be useful if you can migrate your existing site to the new one.
- Does the website have a long mailing list? Another reason that people buy websites is to secure the site’s mailing list. Mailing lists are where online business owners make the most money, but building a mailing list takes a long time. These lists save you time, generate profit, and sometimes, they are also a form of protection against Google’s algorithm.
Before You Purchase a Website from Empire Flippers
As mentioned, Empire Flippers boasts a secure and rigorous vetting process. However, that doesn’t mean all sites listed have the potential to be lucrative. Before purchasing from this domain exchange, make sure you:
- Know the ownership. You should always check who owned the website you plan to purchase. Online tools like Domain History help you uncover a domain’s ownership history so that you can be aware of any ownership changes.
- Pay attention to the stats. If you are buying a site, you’ll want to pay close attention to the statistics provided in the listing. However, you shouldn’t trust the screenshots alone. Make sure you enter the site’s Google Analytics dashboard so that you can have access to all the information.
- Analyze the revenue and expenses details. One of the most important things to do when you are considering purchasing a site is to check the revenue and expense reports to determine its worth. Where does the site earn its revenue? How consistent is that stream of income? Is there more than one source of revenue?
- Make sure you have as many details about the site as possible. You’d be surprised how many people neglect to gather detailed information about the sites they plan to buy. Gather details like name, phone number, business numbers, tax numbers, addresses, etc.
- Consider a non-compete clause. Chances are, the owner of the online site you are buying is an expert in that niche. Adding a non-compete clause is beneficial if you don’t have a lot of experience with the niche so that the site seller cannot compete against you.
- Ask for a support period. Sometimes, the person that you buy from is willing to stay on as part of your team while you get situated. They can help you produce relevant content until you can do so on your own.
- Know your refund options. Although there is a secure checkout experience, there are scammers out there. Consider using PayPal or another similar service, so you’re more likely to get your money back if you are facing fraud.
- Purchase in stages. If you can, consider buying a website in stages. As they send you access to the assets included with the listing, send them money. Once they have received the payment, the domain will sign over to you. Opting to handle the transaction this way will make both parties feel more secure. Exchanging these valuable assets can be scary because you can never be sure of someone’s true intentions. Take all the precautionary measures that you can. If your transaction doesn’t go smoothly, you’ll want to resolve the issue through escrow.
Buying a website can be tricky if you don’t know what to look for or how to begin the process.
At Odys Global, we believe in sharing our recommendations with you. For example, we may recommend that you use the domain you purchase to build an affiliate website.
We create these recommendations based on many factors. Our team has extensive knowledge in this industry, and we’re more than happy to share that knowledge with you.
We have extensive experience selling high-performing domains and helping you build Amazon affiliate websites quickly.
Click here to get started with Odys Global.
Become an Odys Global Member & Get Access!
Is your goal to build and flip an affiliate website using a platform like Empire Flippers?
With Odys Global, you gain access to a network of resources and support, where you’ll find powerful insights about the online domain market.
Join today and get access to a world of domains that are certain to kickstart your online business success.